Little dogs have the same extreme play drive as large dogs, but need tiny toys that best fit their smaller stature. This is why we've specifically designed dog toys for the little guys.
Tidbits about Pets and the Environment
Posted April 08, 2011
In honor of Earth Day we would like to share a few interesting tidbits about pets and the environment.
- Ruby, an eco-friendly golden retriever in Longmont, Colo., picks up at least one piece of trash nearly every time she goes for a walk. Her family estimates that she has collected three bags of garbage to date, and said she has inspired the humans in her life to step up their efforts as well.
- MIT student Matthew Mazzotta developed a methane digester that utilizes dog waste to fuel street lamps. The Park Spark's first project was implemented in Cambridge, Mass.
- The Environmental Working Group is concerned about toxic chemicals in pets' food, water and environment which might threaten their health. The organization launched the Pets for the Environment project in early 2008 and their testing found that for 43 different chemicals, dogs and cats had higher levels than humans, and comparable levels of many others. Three groups of chemicals stood out: fire retardant chemicals, stain and grease resistant chemicals (like teflon), and plastic chemicals called phthalates.
- Animal Planet offers an online tool to test your green pet knowledge with an informative, 10-question quiz.
- According to surveys conducted by Packaged Facts, 62% of people with dogs and 56% of people with cats have purchased natural/organic pet products in the last three months.
- 30 million tons of plastic waste were generated in 2009 and only 7 percent of the total plastic waste generated was recovered for recycling according to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- You can gain a basic sense of your pet's carbon pawprint and learn helpful tips to increase pets' eco-friendliness online with Petside's carbon pawprint calculator and green articles.
|Read Reviews||More Stories & Tips|
May 19, 2015
WEST PAW DESIGN WINS MONTANA EMPLOYER OF CHOICE AWARD