You may read this title and think, “There is no Zen for the parent of a teething puppy!” True, a teething puppy requires extra supervision and care, but with the right precautions you and your pet
West Paw Design Named to B Corp's Best for the World List!
Best for the World: West Paw Design Named to Prestigious B Corp List for Environmental Impact
How’s this for a great way to celebrate Earth Day (our company’s unofficial holiday), WEST PAW DESIGN JUST MADE THE 2014 B Corp Best for the World List! This means we earned an environmental impact score in the top 10 percent of all Certified B Corporations on the B Impact Assessment. With nearly one thousand B Corps, we had some exceptionally tough (but friendly) competition and we tickled green about it.
You’ll recognize some of the other names on this list, including Patagonia, Ben and Jerry’s, Method, Seventh Generation and New Belgium Brewery. In other words, we’re in some pretty amazing company. We are so proud to be part of this larger movement to redefine success in business. We look forward to the day when all companies compete to not only be the best in the world, but best for the world.
What are B Corporations?
Simply put, B Corps are better companies — better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment. B Corps like us meet what Inc. magazine called “the highest standard in socially responsible business.” We are leading a global movement to redefine success in business so one day all companies compete to be not just the best in the world but best for the world.
How’d We Do It?
Great question. Here’s a list of some of the ways we have worked hard for 18 years to continually keep the planet in mind.
• We manufacture 98% of our products in the same facility as our offices in Bozeman, Montana and source materials from US-based vendors to reduce our carbon footprint.
• Our Zogoflex pet products are safe: BPA and phthalate-free, non-toxic and FDA compliant!
• We use a third-party ecological certifier to test the safety of many toys and beds!
• We use recycled paper and soy-based inks in their packaging!
• We support industries that produce environmentally-friendly materials or agricultural products such as cotton, catnip, and hemp!
• We incorporate plastic fiber from recycled bottles into bed and toy fabric and fill, (to date we have utilized the plastic from over 9.7 million bottles)!
• We have a closed-loop recycling program, called Join the Loop®.
It's not every day that you lead a movement and West Paw Design is proud to be the only Pet Product Manufacturer on this list. In the future we hope other environmentally conscious makers of pet products will follow our lead!
Happy Earth Day! - your friends at West Paw Design
Add Your Comment
Thinking of getting a frisky young dog on this National Puppy Day? Consider visiting an animal shelter or rescue organization.
For those of us who live in regions with four distinct seasons, spring’s ample sunshine, welcomed warmer temperatures, and budding trees often come with an ample dose of mud.
Do you wonder if adding another pet to your family will result in a house that’s full of the hair shed by your four-legged friend?